Nero vs. Nero Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by boxman, Jun 6, 2002.

1. boxman

boxman Guest

Which GUI for nero do you use/like better?
    Just Curious. :D

2. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Its all about RESULTS not the fancy GUI IMHO! :D Long live NERO!

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I want my CD-Rs & CDRWs to work so I say EasyCD Plat.5, and the fancy interface is a bonus. :D

4. Eolis

Eolis Guest

Well, this poll went nowhere, huh?! I use the command line switch for Express. Little faster to navigate for me, but yes, GUI really doesn't matter, as long as the burns are good.......

BOXMAN, NEOTERIXX, nice systems.........:D

5. craigmack

craigmack Guest

Help me out 4 a sec?

Nero Express is nice, lacking some features...But..can Nero normalize all songs for the making of a CD? I havent found the button, maybe cause im a bonehead, Xpress has it very clear. Plz tell me if i can find that bad boy in Nero. Thanks Boys

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I think Nero was supposed to be a cheaper version of Nero and would be run automtically with Specific key codes, but if you prefer the express interface, as I think I do, and don't really perform advnaced burning operations.. it's great.

7. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

You cant teach a old dog new tricks :)

I;ve been using classic for as long as i can remember and i tried express yesterday
    i hated it... too much colour and easyness for me :->

8. purush

purush Guest

About Nero

Both are one and the same thing, and their functionality is same. I personally like the Express because it is easier like the Easy CD Creator, I wonder if people at Nero took an envious glance at the Roxio software and quietly implemented the express version to boost their popularity? I have been using Easy CD Creator without a problem and it is believe me you, solid as a rock, some flaws have been rectified in the newer version. For the gereral information of all the members in this forum, I run Nero and Easy CD Creator side by side without any conflicts. Getting back to the silly question of whether a member likes the GUI of Express as opposed to the bland Nero, for the same reason why Microsoft introduced the XP with a brand new interface and colourfull GUI, after Mac OS X was introduced and it caught on like wild fire, why is that then windows users want to make their XP look like Mac OS X ?. There is a ciritical point here that everyone seems to be overlooking the GUI which is the basis for any software presentation. What if XP had no new themes ? and it looked much like Windows 2000, would anyone want to own XP I guess not XP was based on Windows 2000 kernal and GUI made it more appealing. One needs a colour not black and white. I like the express. If Nero were quiet satisfied with their original version why did they change the GUI ?

9. joe2419

joe2419 Guest

nero

nero express so simple

10. Hud

Hud Guest

Nero

Just tried Nero Express. It is very easy to use. I think it's perfect for doing quick file backups.

11. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I've recently been using Express, seems quite good especially for new comers, but if you want a quick simple burn then use the wizard in Nero, quicker IMO. Generally I only use nero if I have a whole CD to write, if I just have a couple of file I want to bung on a CDWR then I just use windows