Nero: Quick question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by HellyHans, Apr 7, 2003.

1. HellyHans

HellyHans OSNN Addict

Hi people,my problem is when I burn MP3's and play them in my car or whatever.. my EQ is always like too high like my volume is recorded too high. Ex: In Winamp on the EQ you have a Preamp volume... well when you lower it, your volume goes down.. now when I burn MP3's it seems like it burns them too high for me.
    Is there a way to change the output volume before it's burned on the CD... I know you can do it with the normal MP3 to normal Audio CD once the MP3 is converted... i need it for the .mp3 files instead..

Thank you

2. dubstar

dubstar format c:

i had the same problem, but i couldnt figure it out. i think you just have to use a different encoder. sorry.

3. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

Here's how you can do it in Nero Express. Go to make an Audio CD like normal, add your MP3s, etc. Before you burn, select all your songs (CTRL + A) and hit the Properties button. On the Filters tab, check Equalizer and adjust the volume accordingly. Once you have made the necessary adjustments, burn your CD.

4. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

I don't have it sitting in front of me at this second, so this is completely off the top of my head. But, I believe that there is an option to "normalize" the tracks. This will adjust them accordingly automatically. Good luck.

5. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

Normalize is under Properties, same place as the Equilizer among several other settings.

6. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Best to spend some time with Nero. There are numerous ways to correct basic problems like this. As was said, Nero actually has 2 types of normalization, and you could also use the equalizer 'filter' and drop the volume there. And the filters can be set differently for each individual track if you like.

7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

My advice would be to look into a program called mp3gain www.geocites.com/mp3gain

From that proggie, you can "normalize" and volume adjust mp3's. It will also remove clipping.