Nero Problem,

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jz1397-5, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

whenver I try to use Nero I get the following error. I have to use the image recorder (which does not work) How do I set permission to access the drives?

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

You would get this error if the username you are logging in with does not have at least Power User abilities on the local machine. If you are a restricted user, or an administrator and are getting that error, it means that your software can't read the registry to gain permission to write using the burner.

RUN --> REGEDT32

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AHEAD

Change the security permissions on that folder to allow full control to everyone.

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

Nope, still get the same message saying that I do not have access. (see pic above)

4. w0lv3rin3

w0lv3rin3 The Source Political User

Set Your User rights up higher or make an other account with admin rights

5. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I am the admin on my system (first user after I formated). Any ideas on how I would set my user rights higher?

6. w0lv3rin3

w0lv3rin3 The Source Political User

well

make a different account.

and when u do install windows XP, their are 2 users made on ur system

Adminstration and you!

[​IMG]Attachment: user.jpg

7. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

that did not work.... any other ideas? I have reinstalled, same problem. Easy CD works fine.

8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

if you don't need other accounts just disable " Guest account " . U will be able then to use Nero .

9. dmtuc10

dmtuc10 Guest

I had the same problem and found the solution on google,here it is 1.go to right click my computer-manage-removeable storage-
    libraries-right click on the cdrw drive-properties-security-and make
    sure you allow all rights {especially to the everyone group or users group}.

2.start-programs-administrative tools-{if you put them in the customize start menu settings- classic view,you can always switch back after}-local security settings-local policies-security options -in the right hand window there is a policy called Devices:
    restrict cd-rom access to locally loged on users only double click and enable it.

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

]:) :)

10. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I do not have a guest account enabled, I just have 1 limited account.

11. dmtuc10

dmtuc10 Guest

hey buddy why don't you try out my reply it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

12. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I will, I had to reformat because of an unmountablr boot device... I tried all the usualy things, but oh well.

13. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

dmtuc10 tried your way.....

It would seem that the only three of my drives is the on I am having problems with, it isn't mounted..... any ideas?

14. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

Simple but it worked....

Nero could not see the drive and it wasn't mounted etc.

So all I did was go to Control Panel, system, hardware

Found the drive and Uninstalled it.

Then put in a disc and clicked the check for new plug and play devices.

It found it and Nero now sees it as Both a CD-R and a DVDR (which it is) and the system doesn't hand when I try and use the drive.

:D