Nero 5.5

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by scriptasylum, Jul 17, 2002.

1. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

This isn't an XP question, but here goes.

I am at work trying to install Nero 5.5 demo on win2k. The bundled software that came with the drive sucks. I installed Nero as Administrator, but need to use it on my limited access login. Whenever I start it, Nero tells me to have my admin run "Nero BurnRights" to allow burn access. So, I head on over to nero and search for it, but cannot find it anywhere. I suppose I could log in as Admin every time I want to burn a CD, but thats a pain! Any suggestions?

2. AJG199

AJG199 Guest

just make the user an admin...

3. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

If it were only that simple!

Get this: My user is not an admin account, but I know the admin user password to install software. But, I'm not supposed to use admin login as my "working" login.

I found a workable solution. Hold the shift button down while I right-click the launching icon and a "Run as..." entry will show up in the context menu. Then I can specify Admin.

4. ATMCKD

ATMCKD Guest

You HAVE to be a local admin user to use Nero as far as I know.

5. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Well, like I said in my first post, Nero says to run this "Nero BurnRights" prog which is supposed to allow access for certain users to the CDRW. But I couldn't find it anywhere on Nero site.

Oh, my workaround will work I guess.

Thanks