Neowin

then delete this thread..what is NEOWIN? isn't a competitive site?
or just a dummy one?
SPAM is when someone post something and then runs away..but that person who you edited his/her response is like the one who started this thread.
when you subment news (from another websites such as warp2search or zdnet news) you're actually spamming your site.

If you will look on our front page, Neowin is one of our affiliates.

This thread was started out of respect for an affiliated site and it's members. There are a number of XP-erience members that also frequent Neowin. xsivforce took the lead in starting this thread as many of the Neowin members have posted here on other ocassions asking if anyone knew the status of the site. I'm sure Neobond would have done the same if it were XP-erience dealing with these issues.

Personally X's first post was worthy, we all know neowin is/was [if they get thier cr*p sorted out] a great site, and the post gave some indication of how Neobond was feeling about it all, you either agree or disagree with him,thats up to you.

my2c3ents

Alan

P.S.
Sometimes you just know when something is moving off topic and I think this is one of them ;)

bluegrab.gif

Octopus : If you have a problem with this site or our rules and regulations please post it either in the 'Problems & Feedback' section.. or mail an admin if it is more delicate... thanks

Going back onto topic...
its sad to see neowin at this stage, was a great site used to go over and have a look quite often... i myself dont know much about the community there as i didn;t take much part in it... but overall the content i saw over there was pretty good... its just sad to see 2 years of hard work from neobond and the team over there to come to this...

Good luck with which ever step you decide upon to take next... but seriously would be nice to see you back up... on the communities point of view as well as the news and support side. :)

MdSalih

Why does any thread relating to Neowin always turn nasty :s

I feel bad for Neobond too. Neowin really had a lot of faithful members, and the traffic was great ... all day long.
The site had some useful info and some great threads (although I never felt like I was part of a big family, like I do here)

Best of luck to Neobond and the crew as they try to bring Neowin back online. :)

Update
This was posted by Neobond on the Neowin MSN community today 10/20/02

Thanks everyone else for your support, Neowin will be back but I don't want to raise hopes by giving false dates. We have always looked out for the community and will continue to do so. You opinion means something to us but try to remember how Neowin operates, unlike any business and costs MY time and that of the other admins and staff. appreciate it or go somewhere else, we won't stop you.

alot of people's migrating from neowin to the XPerience forum.

hopefully neowin will be up so, but if something happens, ill stay here since this is such a nice forum :)

Thanx Monkeh :) When/if Neowin comes back, we hope you'll stick around and post here as well as Neowin...like many of xp-erience/neowin members do :)

You are having db problems which prevents me from quoting your post.

Secondly, it seems like no matter how much a member likes the forums they visit when neowin is down, the seem to abandon that forum for neowin when they are back up. I know this is loyalty, but geez, what about the smaller forums?

Heh, we hope to have the db errors fixed really soon. Just waiting on waddy to fix'em.

XP-erience isn't a 'little guy' :) Although Neowin seems to get more traffic then we do, we have just as many members. For the record, I would do the same if XP-erience were done for some time. XP-erience is home and you always return home ;)

XP-Erience / Neowin / warp2search / etc etc
It's all good, i've just been a member of XP-erience since it started altho i do read others, i'm not an active member of them so to speak, I'm sure other people are the same, or like wise on different sites, everyone has a preference, people are free to an opinion, its simple as that.
If someone chooses to disagree thats fine, but to turn a disagreement into an argument is pointless, once an opinion is formed by a person, its probably there to stay.

All in all, i like xp-erience, but i also like neowin and hope they sort any problems out and keep up the good work for a long time to come.

According to Binks site, "Neowin will be back
Boring without Neowin, well I can inform you that they have a new host! But they have some issues with some of there scripts. Some scripts claim too many resources of the server so it wont perform anymore. They are working on the scripts. They think it will take 1 to 2 weeks before they are back online."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back