Need Help with uxtheme.dll

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by gmagnuson, Dec 14, 2002.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I am having some major problems getting the uxtheme.dll installed. I have Windows SP-1. I went to this link and tried to follow the instructions:

I got to the part where it asked for the admin password, I tried all passwords and still could not get loged in, so I restarted my computer and went into safe mode, then I clicked administrator and it did not have a password assigned, so I created a password for the administrator and went back and tried to login as the admin from the recovery consel, it still said it was invaled, can some one help me. Thanks for your time.
  2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

How did you find this strange guide? Never heard that it is necessary to use the recovery console to replace uxtheme.dll.
    And the guide will only work if you have installed XP SP1 from a slipstreamed cd, otherwise the backupcopy is not in dllcache folder but in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386.
    Read the PatchXP thread, pinned to the themes forum. It's the easiest way to get your themes to work.
  3. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I have tried patch xp and it just locks up my computer, What else should I try. There are some neat themes that I want to try....
  4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    That guide explains what to do if windows won't load. By following the guide once you get back in the uxtheme.dll should be the original.

Once you get xp's original file loaded then run the patcher.