need help installing modem driver to XP

N

newbie506

well..i have this problem with my modem. its an internal U.S. Robotics 56K Voice Win Int and it works fine with XP..it just that back then when i was using Win98SE, i was able to install the driver for that modem. That driver somehow had a special function to it. Everytime i'm online, and if someone calls in, it gave me a notification that i have an incoming and ask if i want to answer it. But now after i install XP, it doesn't let me use that driver for my modem. I was wondering if there a way i can bypass XP and trick it to use my modem driver instead of using XP's driver. I've check with USR's website, there's no update/fix for it.
I've also tried installing it manually in Device manager but doesn't let me install it..

Unless the driver was written for NT/XP...there's little to no chance of getting it to work XP is a completely different kernel when it comes to drivers and such since it is the NT kernel, goto usr's site and see if they have a 2k driver and try that

if all else fails there are a few programs out there that offer the same ability.

went to the USR website and got the 2k driver...but it didn't work...gave the same problem as the driver i had...

what kinda program offers the same ability? costy?

don't know if its driver specific but the option to turn on/off what you said is in the modem properties, at least it is on mine (I have two, internal and external and its in both).
Could be in ISP properties actually, not on XP at the mo, so can't check

where is it in your the modem properties? under what tab?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back