need help installing IIS!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by muzikool, Feb 21, 2003.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm having a problem installing IIS. When the files start copying, it asks for my WinXP SP1 cd. I have the original XP disc, but I deleted my ServicePackFiles folder after I installed the service pack. Is there anything that I can do besides downloading and extracting the entire service pack again?

2. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

just a guess here...when it asks for the cd could you try pointing it towards your windows/system32 folder? That should contain all the files it needs

3. muzikool

I found the first file that is needed under a folder in system32, but the next file needed wasn't there. I did a search of c: and the file wasn't there (iislog51.dll). And I'm sure that from there on there are more files that I don't have either.

4. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

iislog51.dll ?

Sounds like its looking for a file from its OWN installation CD/file. Have you tried looking there?

5. muzikool

Well, it is looking for the files from the cd... thing is I don't have an XP SP1 cd, just the original XP cd. When the service pack installed, it created the folder with the updated files, but I deleted the folder because it was taking up too much space.

6. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Oops. Sorry. Im a bit sleepy at the mo. I'll try again in the morn!

Good luck in the meantime.

7. running pro or home?

8. muzikool