Need advice for a graphics program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by belveder, Apr 1, 2003.

1. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

Adelaide, Australia
    Could anybody suggest a program that would be good to use for making fancy pages etc. Something that has a lot of variety of borders, clipart etc where you can shape text etc.

I tried M$ Publlisher XP but that seems to be very limited with the extra things I'm looking for.

For example, clipart that my kids can use like pokemons and powder puff girls, stuff like that.

Thanks in advance
  2. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Adobe PageMaker

makes nice paper designs.

As for clipart, you can find some nice pics on the net then import them into the page.

What PageMaker does is let you make normal A4 paper look nice and pretty with borders and images etc. Is this what you are looking for?

Or are you looking for poster creation software?
  3. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

North of Seattle
    I use Ulead Photo Impact 7. My webiste is:

North Whidbey Middle School

The banneers and buttons are created with Ulead's Photo Impact. I found it fairly easy to use.
  4. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

Adelaide, Australia
    I'm looking for what you described as Adobe Pagemaker doing, thanks
  5. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

I use Corel Draw for that function. It has tons of clip art and hundreds of fonts. You can move, resize, wrap fonts around clipart, import photos, and just about anything you can think of. It's pretty intuitive also.

There's also alot of clipart available on the net. Just do a google search and you should find many useful sites.
  6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Ice Crown Citadel
    Either Pagmaker or Illustrator can do it...

7. yes and can be had for a decent price, especially if not getting most recent version. comes with lots of stuff and is a full suite draw, photo and bunch of utilities..... can do alot of the basics that photoshop, illustrator, pagemaker can all do in one package.

before you flame me, i prefer the big stuff and have it all (all the Macromedia and adobe stuff)- but for the price, ease to learn and all it comes with Corel is good for beginners/intermediates.:happy:
  8. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

They don't work right with Mozilla (mouse over state).