need a little help here

R

rvega

on msn messenger i cant seem to send or receive files it keeps getting rejected. it tells me that i need to contact the network administrator or isp. i think by enabling filters might work but how please if anyone can suggest an easier way please let me know

my email is rnvious@hotmail.com

Sounds very much like a firewall preventing you from transferring these files.

Is this so? If so can you control the firewall to configure the ports/filters?

Well I'm not sure if this is your problem or not but its still worth checking out. Also do you have a firewall running on the system on whcih your trying to use msn messenger? Also how to access the internet? All of this info would be of some help.

Check this out

Well u should be able to send files. That said I'm pretty well stumped, the only thing that would be the problem at ur end is the firewall so I believe somewhere in the firewall program should be a opion for setting what ports u allow access to the net, now u have to find the ports msn messenger uses for sending files and add them. If u have already done that and ur still getting the error I'm outta ideas.

I tend to agree, the firewall seems to be the problem.

In actual fact Nortons firewall stopped a friend of mine actually downloading her email successfully! Shouldn't have but it did.

She now has a cable connection and uses Tiny Personal Firewall which has been no problem.

I would suggest temporarily turning the firewall off and re-trying the transfer. If that works check Nortons website and see if they have any info on configuring the firewall to enable MSN file transfers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back