neat Motherboard features?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ElementalDragon, Jun 29, 2006.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Anybody know of any motherboards that seem to have some rather new, or maybe just plain unique features that nobody knows about, or may have never heard of?

One that i think is pretty neat is on the new Asus socket AM2 motherboards, called AInap. not sure if it's been around before now, but it actually allows your computer to go in a power saving state, along the same lines as Standby, yet still allows you to download files while it's in the AInap state.

2. pokerblogger

pokerblogger OSNN Addict Folding Team

Personally I'm not a huge fan of "gimmicky" motherboard components. For instance I was using an Asus board that did network based BIOS flashing. It needed a flash due to the system locking . . . in the middle of the network based BIOS flashing in Windows the computer froze! Lets just say I have a new board now :(

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I had an Epox mobo once that had a digital LED on it, which provided error codes when your PC couldn't boot to get to a GUI.

I think it was like a 7F or something on a new machine I built, bad video card :D

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

yeah. quite a few mobo's are getting those diagnostic LED's now. seems like a pretty handy feature.