ndis.sys and bsod

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZipTriX, May 10, 2003.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Recently I have been experiencing an abundance of blue screens relating to ndis.sys and irq not equal message. The BOSD just appears whenever. I don't have to be doing anything specific for it to appear. I don't know what exactly what the problem is or how to repair it without formatting. I do not want to format. I have tried restoring to previous hard drive states with no success at repairing the problem. Upon doing a search of ndis.sys, on google, I discovered that several people have this exact problem with Zone Alarm. I don't have ZA installed, so that eliminates that possiblity. Then I found this site. I don't know if will exactly help find the problem or what. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so how did you fix it, without formatting?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

The irq error could be a bad driver. It is fixable.......you just have to find the culprit & replace it.

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

According to the bluescreen, it is the ndis.sys file that is causing the problems. I'm trying to figure out why and how to fix it.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

There is a huge thread on it over here. Happy hunting. :D

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Ok I will check it out. Lateste bluescreen info. Tonight, 2am EST, I was installing Adobe Acrobat when it happened again. Here is the all the information from the bluescreen.

:mad: Any ideas?

6. rettahc

rettahc Guest

It looks like the recommended fix for that error is to unistall all your networking componets, reboot, and then reinstall them.