My Recycle Bin

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mr. Sushi, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

I would like to know how to remove the recycle bin shortcut off by desktop? If that's possible? I mean where is it actually in my HD or does it reside on my desktop?! I know you guyz make think i'm weird but i would just like a answer. help will be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

I use Tweakui for XP..... Try and search for 'Powertoys for XP' There you can remove it from the desktop... I ain't never heard of another way....
  3. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

go into the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mircosoft\windows\current verison\explorer\desktop\name space

and then look in there for one that says recycle bin and delete the entire key. The changes take effect immeaditly just refresh your desktop
  4. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

is there any way i can just disable it? or take it off and have the option of putting it back?
  5. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Yes , u can select an aoption : Remove files without putting them into Recycle bin . With reg. keys u can disable it but not enable it then .
  6. brunsodj

brunsodj OSNN Addict

Just use tweakui.exe as mentioned above:
    Download tweakui.exe

1. start/run
    2. Type "tweakui.exe"
    3. Make your way to Desktop
    4. Uncheck The recycling bin.

To put it back just do 1-3 and check the recyclin bin.

7. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

what is tweakui? and will it effect all usernames or just mine?
  8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    TweakUI is one of the PowerToys made by M$.
    What you need to get is TweakUI for Windows XP

You can follow this link:

It will basically allow you to customize your OS without venturing into the registry.
    Some changes (those that modify anything under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the registry) will affect all users, while others (that make changes to HKEY_CURRENT_USER) will only affect your user account.

Good luck! :)