My New System

as far as the motherboard goes, I'd go for the Abit NF7-S Rev. 2 (it's $139 CDN at NCIX.com).

the Gigabyte seems over priced, and the nForce 2 is still the best Athlon XP chipset to date.

Well, I like gigabyte, and also I don't like ordering parts online (could have got that board for $113 CDN @ tigerdirect.ca). Id rather goto a store to get em.

I have the Ati Radeon 9800 Pro AIW and I love it. Runs all games nice and smoothly. Although, I will admit, I'd rather have a 9800 Pro or XT model instead. As I've found more with a dual VGA/DVI card rather then TV capabilities. So I'll eventually buy a new card to replace this one so that I can have Dual monitors for my main machine.

That or trade it out with someone. Who knows.

Well, I dont really plan on dual monitors, I just dont have the space. I want the AIW for the tv tuner. I upgraded becuase the higher model is newer and double the ram.

Then find a store that will let you order it. I'm sure they'll order it in for you... it's a far better board...

I've heard that the amount of ram isn't really worth upgrading for, since not many programs fully utilise all of it.

Well, I might be gettin $100-$200 from my school for takin notes for someone. Im a note-taker. My college pays me, last semester I got $100 for doin 1 class, now either its $100 for all or $100/class. Im doing 2 this semester.

So Id figure I might as well go to the 9600XT.

I agree, with you decision for going for the better card now...

and 128 MB video RAM is most certainly used!

it's 256 MB that's not really used.

Horray!!!

Hello All!

Well, its done! I bought and built my new system.

Heres the specs:

Thermaltake Xaser III V2420au Aluminum Case w/Window
Thermaltake 420W Silent Purepower PSU
Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser Edition CPU Fan
Thermaltake Hardcano 12

Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 400MHz FSB
512MB DDR PC2700/333MHz
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache S-ATA
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache S-ATA
ATI All in Wonder 9700XT 128MB DDR AGP 8x
LG 52x24x52x CD Burner
LG 52x CDROM
Panasonic 5x DVDROM
VIA AC'97 6 Channel On-Board Sound
Logitech Z560 400Watt 4.1 Speaker System
Samsung SyncMaster 753DF 17' CRT Monitor
Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back