My New Business Card

the new card looks much better and I agree, I'd put a brief list of what services you offer. If you plan to put up hosting for the domain you could link to it on your card stating something like 'for a comprehensive list go to: ...'

Good luck!

I have no idea how long registerfly take to setup their hosting services as I only use them for domains and SSL certificates, but considering you are getting hosting with a domain it may just be waiting on the domain going live before activating you on plesk.

Registerfly support is awesome btw :D they seem to have folks at the phone 24/7 (though their emails take a few days but are helpful and professional none the less)

Seeing as I am an Owner and Operator of a Graphic Design Company, in my personal opinion, all pertinent information I see you want is on there, however, I do agree with it being a little cluttered. To fix this you can simply just put "Computers, Virus-Spyware, Network." This now begs the question of what in those fields you do and promotes that prospective client to call you. With regards to the design itself, I think it is good but again there is always room for tweaking. Just remember, create a unique logo, it needs to be catchy. It is said you only have 3 seconds to grab someone’s attention before they disregard the whole idea. Make that time count. Second, people like simplicity. They want to be able to get the information they need, Phone, Contact, Name, without squinting and fast. This is just my input, I know this is a bit vague but I normally get paid to give out exact ideas ;) so I am only offering these ideas to keep in the back of your mind. Good luck!

Last edited:
Lancer the red ink has to go. Poor legibility against a black background. Use white or light blue to carry over from the other side. And you took too much off. Try and abbreviated version like this:

Computer
..Build or Upgrade

Virus & Spyware
..Protection & Cleanup

Networking
..Wired or Wireless

And remember to keep the white space and to indent. Skip the periods I put them in there because OSNN removes blanks.

Last edited:
well these where the colours in the beginning is this better?

Attachments

• bcardv4 copy.jpg
    bcardv4 copy.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 112
i think i am going to cut my wrists haha :)

whatever i'm no vulcan...

live long and prosper!! :)

Too much trek.

I like the second card.

Three things to remember about business.

1) Easy
2) Reason
3) Service

1) Whay are you NOT easy to work with, it sounds negitive, but you are not the customer. For anyone to want to do business with you you must be easy to work with. So ask yourself how you are NOT easy, and work on those areas.

2) Customers need a REASON to use you. There is another place around, or a local geek that will do the same job. So why should they use you? If you cannot at least come up with 3 points then you shouldn't be there.

3) Service is the key. It is the key that will unlock the doors for future business and word of mouth advertising, and that is the best kind.

I presented these same things to my woman, she is a cosmetologist that is just starting out. It applies to anyone in any profession, and is a make or break thing.

April wouldn't believe me on the reason, so I simply told her that she needed to give customers that she coudn't get to right away a slip with a appointment and then the reason to come back. With out the reason they would go somewhere else. Turns out that a simple "10% off this service" card was a good enough reason. Then with good service she gains a repeat customer that now makes appointments at normal cost instead of being a walk in client to anyone, because she is easy to call and amke a appointment.

Looks good to me now.

When are you going to start on the pamphlets and advertizing fliers.

LeeJend said:
Lancer the red ink has to go. Poor legibility against a black background. Use white or light blue to carry over from the other side. And you took too much off. Try and abbreviated version like this:

Computer
..Build or Upgrade

Virus & Spyware
..Protection & Cleanup

Networking
..Wired or Wireless

And remember to keep the white space and to indent. Skip the periods I put them in there because OSNN removes blanks.

Agreed.

Most professional business cards are white-ish primarily because of legibility and also because it lends to the whole legit aspect.

Colored/personalized to the max cards, to me, implies off the street type back door stuff. You want to project a professional atmosphere and it will likely save you a little in ink costs.

Consider a white background and than consider adding a globe as a logo or something along those lines. With a white background you have more leeway with what color ink you can use on the card itself.

I think the idea is very good, I am just putting my personal opinion out there. The majority of corporate reps I have met have had a very different style of card. More minimalistic and more clear cut. The globe and the font and the styling look good but don't project the right kind of image in my opinion.

Consider something more mainstream if possible :)

My $0.02

If this is your own company then put a tittle above your name.

Like, Presedent or CEO. Make it look like it's a big company. :rolleyes:

Change Network to Networking. It sounds better. And put the "/" between Virus and Spyware. It looks better. :D

And use the red color for your name phone and e-mail, like you had on the second card. Red is a power color. And when you print them use glossy photo paper. Then they will look slick.

gonaads said:
If this is your own company then put a tittle above your name.

:cool:

Heh, he said tittle :lick:

Like, Presedent or CEO. Make it look like it's a big company. :rolleyes:

Change Network to Networking. It sounds better. And put the "/" between Virus and Spyware. It looks better. :D

And use the red color for your name phone and e-mail, like you had on the second card. Red is a power color. And when you print them use glossy photo paper. Then they will look slick.

I agree with most this stuff. Cept the glossy paper. Never really appealed to me but I could well be wrong. After all, he has nads.

Sazar said:
:cool:

Heh, he said tittle :lick:

I agree with most this stuff. Cept the glossy paper. Never really appealed to me but I could well be wrong. After all, he has nads.

Heh heh... and they go. :crosseyed:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back