My documents shortcut

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi guys,

Now that I have installed partitions in my harddrive, I would to know how to shortcut the existing "My Documents" from my start menu to recognize where it is now (E:). "My Music" shortcut as well, within the My documents folder. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated......

Thanks,

Heeter

2. sdibias

sdibias Guest

If I understood your question I would answer it for you.

3. Heeter

Sorry.

When I click on the My Documents shortcut on my start menu, I would like it to open my E: . That is where I put all my folders and sub folders in. Hopefully that is a little easier to understand.

Thanks,

Heeter

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Open windows explorer & find 'my documents' in your user account. Right click on it & choose 'cut'. Now go to your e drive to where you want it to go. Right click 'paste'. It will now move itself to e drive.

5. Banned

Banned Guest

Bah, right-click on either the "My Documents" icon on your desktop, or the shortcut in your startmenu. Select properties. On the target tab, click the "Move" button and browse to the new folder. Click apply. Windows will ask you if you want to move the existing folders in the current folder to the new one. Make a firm decision in your life and you done.

6. Heeter

Thanks Hipster and Banned,
    That was exactly what I needed

Heeter