my big project is finished! come look!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by muzikool, Aug 8, 2006.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hey everyone -- I haven't been posting around here as much lately because I've been putting a lot of my time into a new idea called 26 Unsigned Bands. I finally got it online this past weekend and I'm excited about the possibilities!

26 Unsigned Bands

I wanted to do something unique and interesting that fell in line with what I care about. I love music and the whole independent band arena, so my hope is that this site can make a difference for some bands.

It would mean a huge amount to me if you guys would give me some feedback on the site and/or idea. My goal is to work hard the next few weeks to promote the site so that it will garner attention and be appealing for bands to take part in. Any suggestions or help from you guys would be awesome! :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
    Grandmaster and Perris Calderon like this.
  2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

That's really cool - I like it :D

What is the charge per letter? Different prices for different letters?

3. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

muzikool that's great, what a wondeful idea, i do like the website, but one thing i would suggest is making the white area wider, perhaps by as much as 5cms on both sides, i think that would give it more depth. but otherwise a great concept and site as always from yourself.

If i can help in anyway just let me know. I actually work with a guy that have a band that is getting together again, i think its called chien bizarre.... i'll give him your contact details if you'd like.

One thing, and i know this is the core concept, but limiting the site to just 26 bands is really constrictive. what if there are two great bands one called apples the other applepie, will one have to change its name to get on your site, or simply not have the oppurtunity to?

just something i'm sure you already thought about, but i thought i'd mention.

OK. I think I get it now.

Good. And, umm... that's not a question.

Good. And, umm... that's not a question.

thats funny.

muzikool likes this.
  4. muzikool

The "How it Works" section gives the current pricing info. :)

Thanks, lancer. Anything you want to do to help would be awesome ... whatever you think would help, go for it! :D

I believe the restriction to 26 is part of what makes the promotion more appealing. The fewer bands listed means more exposure for each. The purchase of a letter is on an annual basis, so if a letter is taken and another band wants it, they could possibly get it the following year. I will setup a waiting list for that purpose.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take all I can get! :D

5. lancer

well save G for me will you.... :)

6. kcnychief

Really nice touch, I like it.

Is there a finders fee? :D

muzikool likes this.
  7. muzikool

What's G going to be for?

I am considering something along the lines of a finders fee. Possibly 5-10% of the purchase price if someone not associated with a band brings them to the site and they purchase a letter. Is that good incentive?

8. kcnychief

Sounds good to me - I may know a few interested parties :D

9. muzikool

Excellent! :D

10. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

great idea, could really hit off :D

muzikool likes this.
  11. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

GimpyMonkeyChikinEaterBadgers.... ?

Nice site, I like the idea. I hope it works out as intended :)

muzikool likes this.
  12. lancer

Global Technics or GT for short.... its a working title.

13. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

Nice idea, may turn out quite profitable if you get enough exposure...

Are you advertising yet?

muzikool likes this.
  14. muzikool

Thanks, Heny! :D

Thanks, have an DJ friends who might be interested? :)

I'm promoting it right now through all the free venues -- MySpace, especially. I'm hoping it gets ranked high enough on places like Technoratie and del.icio.us at some point to where the visitors just come flooding in. It might take a while, but I think it can happen eventually!

Once I get some bands up then I'll use that money to turn around and use paid advertising. Any suggestions?

15. lancer

try looking for some independant record stores perhaps in texas and maybe elsewhere in the US, or you could expand your idea to say england as well and help independents over there get a foothold over here.

I would also suggest that when you do get a few bands say 3-4 that you try and get them all together and perhaps try and sign up for small festivals or playing at small-medium clubs as a line-up. perhaps even expanding into podcasting etc...

16. muzikool

Living in Dallas is nice because there is quite a large music scene here, and then in Austin of course, which isn't too far away. I will probably get out on-foot sometime and distribute some type of advertising in the clubs around here.

I hadn't thought about podcasting for this. You think that oculd be beneficial?

17. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

I like it, very cool idea.

muzikool likes this.
  18. muzikool

Thanks! :D

19. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

Very cool Idea! Site looks Awesome! I hope it takes off for you and the future bands you will have on it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
    muzikool likes this.
  20. muzikool

Thanks man! :D