multibooting question

That wasn't really clear.

Basically atm, you have the normal NT bootloader which lets you choose between 98 and XP.

When you isntall Linux it will install its own bootloader (grub or lilo) which will let you choose between linux or windows. but the "windows" option will basically point you at your 98/xp selection menu.

there's three ways it can go, the ones in bold are whats being selected..

BOOT -> Linux/Windows -> load linux

BOOT -> Linux/Windows -> 98/XP -> load 98

BOOT -> Linux/Windows -> 98/XP -> load 98

So I CAN install linux after 98 an xp have been installed?

yes :)

As long as everything has it's own partition and the boot menu's point at the right place, it should all work :)

NetRyder knows... he wants to put FreeBSD on that there Inspiron of his ;) :D

Thanks,fortunately partitionin is one of my strong points.

NetRyder, did I kill that fav av,sig for the month thread?

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
NetRyder knows... he wants to put FreeBSD on that there Inspiron of his ;) :D

I sure do!
Sometime after I get out of this prison called school. :p Just two more weeks until graduation. Yeah baby!

Originally posted by kitct
NetRyder, did I kill that fav av,sig for the month thread?

Sorry...didn't get what you're trying to say. :confused:

hi ya all!

i just bought RH 9 and tried it on. it said "Kernel panic. Unable to mount root ... " can anyone tell me what happened? or was is just a bad CD?

anyway i tried "triple booting" and it did work and malfunction after i tried to upgrade the kernel.

so i rearranged my partitions. is there any rule where to place Linux partition? i placed it on the last partition but LILO failed to install.

thanks

it was a success!

i am now triple booting win98, XP pro and RH8.

thanks a lot guys!

can anyone pls tell how to share files between linux and windows... thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back