MSSQLExpress and MySQL in same tower?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by Heeter, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hey all,

Before I do this,

I would like to know if they can co-exist in the same tower. (MSSQLExpress & MySQL)

Everything I got runs off Mysql, but I wouldn't mind testing MSSQL for my applications. I don't have a spare machine.

Thanks,

Heeter

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

making. life. hard. :)

I love how people make suggestions that are way more complex than needed. Virtualisation is not necessary. THey are happy side by side. They don't screw each other over. Just install both, play and remvoe one if you don't like it. S.I.M.P.L.E.

5. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Might I also suggest you move MySQL onto a more stable platform, for example Linux. Then download VMWare Workstation and install Windows 2003 Server edition and download the MSSQL on that. Just because. :p

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

While I agree with you, it was merely a suggestion incase he was not comfortable actually doing that. If the goal was merely to test and play and there is a concern there about how they will inter-mingle with eachother, a VM is still a good choice. Not everyone likes to load things they aren't familar with in a production environment.

7. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

LOL,

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just want to test the MSSQL within my environment. Everything is super fine and stable with my MySQL setup right now. I just don't want to upset that part while I test withMSSQL.

Thanks all,

Heeter