MSN voice chatting

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by nick_fury, Sep 23, 2002.

1. nick_fury

nick_fury Guest

I've been trying to have a voice conversations with multiple people at once, but it won't let me... On the website it says that you can have up to 5 people, but it's not letting me!!!!... can anyone please help?

2. Zooker

Zooker OSNN Addict

Have you been able to have voice chat with just one? I couldn't even do that because of my firewall. Not gonna give up the firewall, so I have to go without the voice chat. :)

3. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Hi,

Frankly I'm not too sure you can have a voice communication with more than 1 person. I know it couldn't be done with NetMeeting, and I think it can't be done with MSN. Where did you read it could be done? I know you can "invite" other / more people into a chat session, but voice?

I'm behind a firewall too; a Linksys router, voice and cam work great! Microsoft has good documentation on what ports to open in case your interested. Maybe these links are of help.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/deployment/natfw/default.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q324214&

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

It's not possible to have multiple voice conversations in Messenger.
    And yes, Netmeeting will do that for you.

5. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

i cant even send files or pictures through MSN anymore, im not likeing it that much !

6. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Sounds like a firewall problem to me. Do you have one installed? Try the links I posted earlier in this thread.

By the way... you *cannot* use Netmeeting for voice conversations with Multiple people at the same time, just like with MSN.

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar