msn problems!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dayneh88, Jul 3, 2002.

1. dayneh88

dayneh88 Guest

hey guys,
    i recently formatted my friends computer and i put windows xp on. shes pretty worried about her brother logging into her msn messenger account. when i set msn messenger up at the start, i set it up with her email as the default profile for msn messenger.

now when ever she gets onto the net msn always signs her in automatically and it doesn't ask her to enter a password to log her in, so anyone can just go into msn messenger and login to her account because they don't need to enter a password or anything.

is there anyway of getting that off or making msn messenger make her enter a password. if anybody could please help it would be grately appreciated.
    thanx
    dayne:confused:

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

To stop Windows Messenger from signing you in automatically
    If you do not want to be automatically signed in when Windows Messenger starts running, you can remove your .NET Passport as the default on that computer.

Go to User Accounts in the Windows XP Control Panel (Start, Control Panel).
    On the Advanced tab, click Manage Passwords.
    In Stored User Names and Passwords, select Passport.Net\*, and click Remove.
    This does not delete your Passport, but removes its connection with your computer.

Click Close, and then click OK in the dialog box.
    Note

If you click Sign me in automatically in the .NET Messenger Service sign-in dialog box, you will reestablish the Passport you use there as the default for that computer.