MSN Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jimi_81, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

Hi

I have this reoccuring problem where MSN disconnects periodically. So to my contacts, I keep logging in and i can see how that gets annoying.

I am running MSN 7.0.0813 (newest?)
    I have a Dlink 624 Router (uPNP enabled, latest firmware)
    I have the windows firewall shut off. And I run Norton AV in the background.
    Windows SP2.

Any clue as to why? A thorough Spyware check doesnt seem to bring up anything. My brother has a similar setup and experiences the same problems. I believe it is the router, perhaps the firmware is messing something up... as for the firewall rules, i do experience slow file tranfers when sending to people whom are behind firewalls... which makes some sense, i suppose their routers arent properly configured? To anyone else, my transfers are fast.

Any help, suggestions, or similar experiences would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I had a random disconnet problem before, it was when I was using all of my upload(bittorrent etc.) Make sure you have nothing using your upload

3. jimi_81

hmm, interesting. no bittorent running... my brother doesnt know what that is but i should check if hes stealing my bandwidth

4. jimi_81

hmm, found something about DMZ problems.. i enabled, then disabled.... and disabled "Gaming Mode"... and all of the VPN features... havent gone down once yet... probably coincidence...

5. jimi_81

can i rep myself, im still up and running!