MSN Messenger v7.5.0322

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

MSN Messenger v7.5.0322

Yes a new build, you can check it out here or better still directly download it here

2. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Thanks for the heads up. :)

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Any word of a changelog?

4. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

John W. from MSN has listed the following things worked on:

* A lot of people were experiencing sign in issues with v7.5.311 (QFE2), we took some changes to fix that or to give better error messages to figure out what was going wrong. And there was another fix to get our error reporting correct. As a byproduct, there have been reports that sign in is faster. If you or someone you know was having sign in issues please give the 7.5.0322 build a try.

* In Korea, if you were using an IME (Input Method Editor), you would type shortcut for your favorite emoticon and get an extra character. Now emoticons are key to any IM program and it didn't make sense to not fix this (and we found a simple code fix). If you've got contacts in Korea, or know Korean yourself, give it a try!

* If you had a Dynamic Background from Blue Mountain, bought it and installed it, then the Text Ads which you should have been getting while you had a Dynamic Background on weren't showing up.

* There is a DLL which is central to our Audio / Video features, we had to take a new version of that to fix a bug where Messenger would crash if you unplug a USB device after running the Audio Video Tuning Wizard on that device.

5. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well mr Rush I didn't find a changelog, all I know is before installing this version I would get MSN messenger to crash for a reason to do with windows explorer, fingers crossed since installing it last night not had one windows explorer crash.

Seen TD list something and maybe it might be also to help out winnet.dll from being a nora.

6. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Cool thanks.

"mr Rush" ? :p

7. bobsalot

bobsalot Boooooooooooooooooooom

when i download msn messenger i open up the program when its installed but i cant type in the box. the msn program freezes. i have tried this 3 times but still no luck. any help?

8. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Reinstall it. (Uninstall first)
    Still not working? Go back a few versions.

9. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

10. bobsalot

when i say 'iv tried it 3 times' i mean uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times. just so u no :)

11. bobsalot

iv got 6.2 but it comes up saying 'in order to continue you must install the latest version of msn messenger'. surely this defeats the object of getting the old versions if you cant get the new ones. 7.5 worked last week before i wiped my hard drive. now it doesnt.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  12. bobsalot

i am now using web messenger and it sucks. please help me before i go and use skype or trillian.