MS Ethernet Wired Cable Router / Ports / WinMX

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey everybody (You know whenever I post it's always "Hey everybody"),

I am having a little issue. I want to start using WinMX, and I want to set it up so that I have that primary connection thing going. The thing is though that probably because of my router {Microsoft Ethernet (Wired) Broadband Cable / DSL Router} I am unable to set it up. Disabling my firewall doesn't really do anything I don't think. When I click the button to do the Primary connection, I get a problem with TCP, and UDP. TCP I got rid of at one point, I think because of the firewall, but UDP I could never get rid of.

My assumption is that I need to setup a specific port... but I dunno how to do that. I know where to go to do the port setting up, but that's as far as I can get. I read the manual and it literally told me nothing...

Soo...

If someone can help me, if they've had this same problem before and can help, please do. I tried consulting the help documentation with WinMX, and they were down for construction or something stupid.

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

^-- Yeah and with me it's always the *cool* smilie, right? :D

I haven't used WinMX myself (OK, I installed it, started it, turned it off and uninstalled it. Does that count?) but the basic principal is the same. So what you need to know is whats port(s) WinMX uses. Then type in that/those port(s) as both source and destionation port and your IP as the destination IP. Use both TCP and UDP if you are unsure which one is used.