MP9 in IE Broke

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TheBlueRaja, Oct 3, 2003.

1. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

When i try to use Media Player 9 in IE to look at a movie or play sounds I just get this....

[​IMG]

It dosent matter what site im on - it just dosent work. I have "uninstalled" and reinstalled MP9 with no effect. I say "uninstalled" because i noticed that in typical MicroS**t fashion that most of the files were still in the Program Files directory.

Incidentally - if i download a file and try to play it - theres no problem - its only when using the browser.

Any Ideas - im stumped.
    :eek:

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Are you watching a movie that is compressed in DivX or DivX like methods? The reason is because compressed files (like DivX or Windows Media 9 Compression) also use compressed audio. If you computer is downloading the audio and video out of sync, the audio could start playing without downloading the rest of the video.

3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Well, like i say it happens with boths videos and sound clips and only through a browser.

If you have a peek at the example i posted its actually an MP3 file its having difficulty playing.

4. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I've just noticed that if I use Mozilla - i get the following message when i try to do the same...

Illegal Operation In Plugin

Windows Media Player Plug-In Dynamic Link Library

The Plugin performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart Navigator.

So how do i get shot off / replace the plugin or DLL?

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

you could download the wmp installer and run it again, i guess this will fix the dll's ?

6. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Sorry GoNz0 - i have already tried that dosent work. As i said in my first post i tried it but it leaves a LOT of files behind after the uninstall. Perhaps if somebody knew of a comprehensive WMP uninstaller that would help.

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

you havn't installed any codec packs have you ?

9. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I fixed it - WMP9 Unistall is awful - simply because it dosent uninstall anything.

I found this on the net though

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

This removed WMP9 correctly, after which it worked again with the default player. The i installed WMP9 again and it worked.

Thanks for the help anyway guys.

10. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

glad you got your tunes back :)