mp3 tags editting

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by FishBoy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. what's the best mp3 tag editor i got mp3 tag assistant pro but it was a trial, does anyone know a good one and free possibly?

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i use many different ones for different uses mp3tagstudio, k-mp3, and another i forgot

3. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

so Mafia - are you sayin gthere is NOT a best? And fishboy -0 maybe you should say what you are aiming at doing or in what context you are tagging - then the BEST for your PURPOISE may become clearer..... yeah? ;)

4. well i wanna edit the tags to get the correct names on mp3 players (ie: winamp ipod realplayer....) i wanna edit the: artist, album, year, genre, track name and stuff like that

5. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

You could always edit them from within Winamp if you don't feel like tracking down a tag editor.

6. yea i know but that only does each file individually, im gonnna go with k-mp3 it's not bad and small

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yup he means a mass editor

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Try The Godfather: http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/ alot of people like that.

I like using Case's tag.exe with speek's frontend or just using the mass tagging capabilities built into foobar2000. Definitely DO NOT pay for a masstagger.

9. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Free wise - The godfather is the best. Pay wise - Tag&Rename is the best ...

10. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've been using "The Godfather" :p
    It works nicely.

11. gnovis

gnovis OSNN One Post Wonder

Well I know a good mp3 tag editor – mp3Tag (of ManiacTools). It helped me to edit a great number of tags, including files with the names like 01.mp3, 02.mp3 etc. and those with no information in the tags. I thought I would do it manually but then I discovered that mp3Tag has a unique capability to generate base tags fields using information requested from Internet FreeDB servers, and more – the program can import tags from Amazon. Though mp3Tag is not free, it is really worthy of it as it has many extended features and, what is really important for me, saves lots of time and effort.

http://www.maniactools.com/soft/mp3tag/index.shtml

12. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I still think Tag&rename is the best one ... also, why do I smell shameless developer plug in this ?

13. enuffsaid

enuffsaid OSNN Junior Addict