mp3 ripper

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mike09, Jun 19, 2003.

1. mike09

mike09 Moderator

what is a good application to rip mp3's from a cd. ive used real 1 and dont want to use WMP. thanks in advance.

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

EAC is quite good.

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

4. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Yip .. EAC and CDEX - Audiograbbe is a good one for beginners, it uses lame also. It's really eay to set up and such.

Then after you learn that a little bit you can trash it and move up to the king - EAC :D

5. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

One vote for Audio Catalyst.

6. cd creator can do it no effort.......
    put in cd it can find all song names over web from cddb..
    then select all songs -
    it will rip all tracks on cd one after another and auto generate the 'name of song.format' name
    right click, 'convert to audio file' choose type (mp3, wav, wma) and format (32kbps-320kbps) and leave 'will generate names' alone.....
    off it goes.......weeeeeeeee

done all my 300 albums with it and no problems:D

7. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I personally rip with CDex at OGG 192 kbps, nice quality and sounds a whole lot better than MP3, plus is smaller.

8. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I use musicmatch. Its less of a headache.

9. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

CDex is nice and it comes with all the right encoders, Lame, OGG. Monkeys etc.

I don't know about that, whole lot better?
    The alt-preset- standard Lame preset is near perfect, set for 128/320 VBR. Way better than 192 OGG. :D

10. Supplicium

Supplicium Guest

check out the many rippers at www.downloads.com ... experiment and see what you like.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Hmm... guess i'd be the second vote for MusicMatch Jukebox. Love that program for both listening to audio, as well as ripping CD's. Supports a bunch of formats, including MP3Pro. gotta love MP3Pro. great audio quality at half the size of a regular MP3 file when both are at the same bitrate. Nother good thing about MP3Pro files, they are supported by any music player that supports MP3's