Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
muzikool said:
I haven't run into any errors with TBE yet. Are you using 1.10.2004061401?
Yes, also i couldn't get TBP to work either and the DOM Imspector gives me errors when i try to look at the options

It is luverly... TBE, hmmmmmm... there is an extension called "Tabbrowser Preferences 0.5.1 0.5.1". Not the same by a long shot, but it's something.

Using Aaron Spuler's iCandy Jr. theme ATM... it is for 0.8 but it works very well with 0.9. :)

He has a few others there also. Some utilize Gant icons. Aaron Spuler web site

I didn't do a clean install and everything went perfectly. All of the extensions work, my bookmarks and history were saved... was I just lucky?

muzikool said:
I didn't do a clean install and everything went perfectly. All of the extensions work, my bookmarks and history were saved... was I just lucky?

That's actually how it's supposed to work...seamless updating is a major goal for 1.0, but it might not work perfectly for everyone at this stage. Clean installs almost always get rid of any problems.

Nope, clean install or otherwise, Extensions don't work. (all other settings are fine)

TBE don't work for me either. I got this strange coding at the bottom of my browser window. It's like it cut the window in half and the upper half was for the web pages I was viewing and the lower section was like part of the browser's frame. Weird

Oh well uninstalled... waits for new version. :)

Yeah, thats what i get. Get other errors with other extensions too

I haven't tried TBE with the latest build. It did work with 0.9RC1 though, so there must have been some changes that affected it between then and now.
Until a working version is released, I recommend using the Single Window extension if you want all your links to open in tabs instead of windows. This one I've personally installed, and it's working fine, so hopefully you guys shouldn't have any problems with it either.

A simple extension that allows Mozilla to fully utilize the built-in tabbed browsing behavior, compatible with Mozilla, Netscape, and Firefox. Singlewindow has only two options:

* Single Window Mode
Traps links that would normally open in a new window and opens them in a new tab instead.

* External Link Handling.
External links can be set to open in a new tab instead of the currently active tab.
http://www.cs.txstate.edu/~as1130/themes/extensions/singlewindow.htm

How do you set it? Cause I installed it and the click on the link you posted again and it still opens in another window.

But then again you are using RC1

gonaads said:
How do you set it? Cause I installed it and the click on the link you posted again and it still opens in another window.

I'm not using RC1 anymore. It seems to work fine with the final build too.
*Confused*

I don't undertstand why TBE works find for me and not for you two. I'm also running Adblock and CompactMenu and those work fine too.

Hehe, I think everyone should just wait peacefully until the rush subsides so that they can head over to update.mozilla.org and get the updated extensions that are specifically designed to work with 0.9...a lot of the current ones seem to be at a hit-or-miss stage right now.

gonaads said:

Still opened in new windows for me also

I got the Download sort extension to work...

argh, they have released the linux, mac and windows builds, but where is firefox-sources-0.9.tar.gz!!!

NetRyder said:
Hehe, I think everyone should just wait peacefully until the rush subsides so that they can head over to update.mozilla.org and get the updated extensions that are specifically designed to work with 0.9...a lot of the current ones seem to be at a hit-or-miss stage right now.

I want them NOW... NOW NOW NOW!!!

*throws himself on floor kicking like spoiled kid* :p

Hell I can still right click on any link and have it open in a new tab... so f00k it for now. :D

It does load a bit faster though. :)

But DAMN! They could have created a better default theme. Cause it's crap.

It's like sittin in a Toyota with absolutly no frills or even a radio. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back