Mozilla 1.4 download problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Glaanieboy, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

All of a sudden, Mozilla refuses to download a file. When I click a link, it just doesn't do anything. I have not applied any themes, nor did I upgrade/modified Mozilla in any way. How to correct this problem (besides a re-install)?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Have you cleared your download history recently? if not give that a try.

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I can't even access the Download Manager (Tools -> Download Manager) :( Where is the download-list stored (for manual deletion)? I can't find anything in the Registry, not in the Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla folder and also not in the Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org folder.

4. SPeedY_B

I think this may be it, but I'm not 100% sure.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\dso5gqxv.slt\downloads.rdf
    (change my name for yours, and the slt folder will be different too :) )

5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Nope, removed the file, restarted mozilla (also killed the background app with Task Manager), but I still can't open the downloadmanager, nor can I download any files. I can download files (using direct links, not the stupid redirect links NTFS uses) with FreeDownload though, it kicks in at just the right time.

6. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Save/export your bookmarks and create a new profile.

7. SPeedY_B

Is there any reason that you really don't want to re-install mozilla? It keeps all your settings etc anyway... So maybe it's worth a try?

8. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Nah, I hate to re-install things just to fix something. Especially with Mozilla it should be easy to at least identify the problem, because it's open-sourced. But I think I will re-install it anyway. Thanks for the feedback.