[Movie Review] Max Payne

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Sazar, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    For anyone who loved the games or loves the movies, don't bother watching this.

The movie sucks. The pacing is weak, the story is laughable and the score is abysmal. The acting, I've seen better in high-school plays.

I had high-hopes because of the previews but apparently the entire creativity budget for the movie went into the advertising. Wahlberg is passable as Max but Mona Sax's character is absolutely redundant in the movie. The GEICO gecko could have sleep walked through and no one would have been any the wiser at the end.

The only redeeming bits of the movie are the locations (resemble those in the game), the graffiti and some dialogue (resemble those in the game), the ONE scene of "bullet time" and the names.

Oh and btw there is a super-secret bit after the credits but it is so pointless and laughable, I have no idea why I wasted my 5 minutes sitting for SOMETHING to redeem this movie.

2.5/5 stars (only for nostalgia). Save your money. Go watch something useful.

Btw, the Valkyrie trailer for Tom Cruise's movie looks BRILLIANT.
  2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Santa Clara, CA

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist then.
  3. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah I had high hopes for it too. The trailers made it look like a modern take on the film noir genre.... Just like the game was! But I've read nothing but bad things about it.
  4. Awwww, damnit! I LOVED the games, and I was so looking forward to a good movie. What a pity and a ruin of an awesome theme.
  5. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

Western Iowa
    I liked the film, but i have to agree that it was flimsy.
  6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

I didn't wait for the super secret whatever... movie was, ehh. :ermm: Scenery was good. Only real thing it did for me was want to fire up my PS2 and play the games again. Wish there had been more of Mona's sister Natasha. :lick: Pity she wound up being a hack job. :rolleyes: :p
  7. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Disappointing, guess I'll be waiting for the DVD release.