[Movie Review] Avatar

Exactly. :)

Still can't believe so many people are stunned by this movie, remove the pretty colors of the CGI and it's the world we live in now.

Perhaps that is why they are stunned, it's called realizing history is not what is taught in schools.
The one thing it missed was the big Corporations Board of directors paying themselves big bonuses for failing.
Creeguy

Before anyone comments I am a honest free enterpriser

If you wanna get really deep you could draw the conclusion that we are all the "natives" and the current day Corporations/Governments are the "humans" in the movie. It's not a huge stretch...

If you wanna get really deep you could draw the conclusion that we are all the "natives" and the current day Corporations/Governments are the "humans" in the movie. It's not a huge stretch...

It is a bit of a turn around, for the last 50 years the government/bigCorperations have tired of beating on the natives in the americas and now are doing a pretty good job of screwing all not in their top administration.
I ask people to look at big oil and their obscene profits and big governments who also screw us, like the big bailouts by big govs to big business/banks.
A quote from a Cree leader about a 100 years ago, after analyzing the onslaught of settlers and the big businesses that came with them.

" When the white mans businesses, mine all in the ground, chop all the trees, destroy all the land , will they be able to eat money? "

May the great Spirit watch over you.

I've noticed you are a new member Creeguy. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you are here, you have interesting points and opinions that are a lot different than the folks that usually frequent here. So it's refreshing! :)

I've noticed you are a new member Creeguy. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you are here, you have interesting points and opinions that are a lot different than the folks that usually frequent here. So it's refreshing! :)

Thank You , it's the native view point, that,s native North American,
Cree, Shoshone, Nakada, Kaskasia and even a touch of the white brush.
Interesting forum, I am a Documentary producer, so anything about cinema or video production is of interest.
Creeguy

Thank You , it's the native view point, that,s native North American,
Cree, Shoshone, Nakada, Kaskasia and even a touch of the white brush.
Interesting forum, I am a Documentary producer, so anything about cinema or video production is of interest.
Creeguy
do you have links to any of your work?

we'd live to see some of it

It is interesting to look back on the reactions of those who viewed "Avatar", some are very bewildered and can not understand the natives being able to defend themselves very well.
It was also interesting to see and hear people asking what should they do , I will quote a very adept spiritual medicine person,
" Go out and do something positive for mother earth and yourself, plant a tree or bush, plant a garden, then try to understand what you have just done"

THe word has gone out from the spiritual medicine people, go see the movie Avatar and prepare to be shocked, surprised, and try to discuss it with the spiritual medicine people.
Another good documentary has shown up, it's called" Reel Injuns"
Well worth a look in order to best understand how media can change the outlook of a lot of the population.
May the day be good to you and may you find peace in your own way. Creeguy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back