mouse speed is not quick enough

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dave_casserly, Oct 23, 2002.

1. i have my mouse set at maximum speed and its still not quick enough i want it quicker.

i use a microsoft intelli-mouse explorer.

is there a manual setting somehwere where i can wang it up.

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Control panel; mouse, pointer options; pointer speed. If that's set to maximum, its insanely fast.
  3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Sometimes maxing out the setting will still give a slow mouse. Driver problems, but often hard to fix.
  4. insanely

it was like a drug at first (not that id know), i sarteded of a little faster and just kept wanting more. now i have cravings.

ive just measured and at the speed i have now (fastest), and my pointer moves to all areas of the screen in a 3cm squared mouse movement area.

does that make sense....... move mouse 3cm and pointer goes from full left to full right. you get used to it........unfortunately in my case

ill try some new drivers then.

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

woo! thats one heck of a craving for speed there Dave!
  6. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

yeah, there should be a tick box aswell there (in mouse properties), saying 'Enchance pointer precision'. tick that aswell.
  7. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

here it is!
  8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    you know that pic is 533k, zanwar? if any of these guys have dialup, i'm sure they're hating you right now. :p you shoulda saved it as a jpeg.. it would only be 39k.
  9. Actually , i found that if i uncheck 'enhance pointer precision' my mouse moves faster..... like in a 1.5cm square area at full speed. But i like the sound of my mouse pointer being precision enhanced.

Dont worry, i have ADSL. Thanks for that pic though.

In all honesty, i think my mouse IS probably quick just being stupid.
  10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Dude, I'v heard of people addicted to crack, smoking, drinking, sex, but, mouse speed! of all things! this is something new! :) :) :)
  11. yeah i could start something new here.