Mouse and Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dubbin1, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Dont know what happened but heres the story. I got a new case today and swapped everything over into it and now my mouse and keyboard wont work if they are plugged into the PS/2 ports. They work fine in USB but I run a KVM switch that is PS/2. The lights on both of them light up and the F-Lock button works on the keyboard. In the device manager it says that they are working properly.
    I have tried everything I can think of to solve this problem but I have come up with nothing yet. I would really like to get this fixed so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Here is what I already tried:
    Updating the drivers
    Resetting the BIOS
    Check all the connections
    Hooking them strait to the computer and bypassing the KVM switch
    Deleting them from the device manager and restarting

The Mouse is a Logitech Duel optical
    The Keyboard is a Logitech Elite

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Check the bios to see if it has a selection option for PS2/USB. USB is getting common enough they may have decided to default it to USB (a bad idea).

Try another keyboard and mouse (without the switch) if you have any to make sure the MB is ok. If they work then try them with the switch and see if ti still works.

Interrupt Request conflict is also a possibility. Though that shoudl have show up in device manager.

3. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

are these cordless devices? if so, hit the connect buttons.