Motherboard - CPU speed wrong?????

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jay300zx, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Jay300zx

Jay300zx OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi - I have a Gigabyte GA-8IRXP Mobo with an Intel P4 2.6Ghz Proc.

On boot up it reports it running at 1.31 Ghz even though its recongnized by Windows as a 2.6 running at 1.3.

In the manual the bios shows there should be a cpu clock ratio multiplier option (its set to x13)
    on my bios (the latest one) (f9) this option isnt there.

Anyone help?

Thanks

2. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

Well, can you get into the Bios? When you find the section for CPU settings, is there a manual / Auto setting you need to change that you overlooked?

3. EuroTrash

EuroTrash Coaster Live!

Did you put this cpu and mb together? You may have to move a jumper on your board. I had this problem a few years back. The jumper limited the speed on the processor to almost half.

4. Jay300zx

cheers, yes I can get into biuos, but cannot find the multiplier anywhere. can find everything but that.

as for the jumper - had a look around mbd - is there one on the GA-8IRXP board that does that?

Will get manual and re-read later - cheers.

5. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

If you can, take some pictures of your bios screens that you do have so we can see maybe where the option could be.

6. Jay300zx

cheers -
    no jumpers - so its not that.

The Bios rev F2 (shown as an example in the user manual) - shows clearly a clock multiplier on the FREQ Setup Screen

My Bios (F9) has had it removed. Its not anywhere - Ive been through every page 10 times over.
    Ive tried recovering or booting to second bios (its a DUAL Bios).

Ive been on the Giga-byte site and can only get Bios Rev F7, F8 and F9.

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

You might be running the cpu underclocked as default, but using Gigabyte's overclocking software in windows to push up the speed.