more problems with my x-fi

You need to check on that. It runs dual zone so if you use a 5.1 set up you can use the other two speaker outputs for a different zone. On the Sony's if you want the 7.1 output that means giving up those dual zone speakers. Everything I have seen on that specification says 5.1 only. Check out the back at a store first and make sure it has the inputs you require, because you might be in the same boat with your current receiver, it just groups the audio output to 7.1.

Check at a store? Like leave my computyer terminal and go outside? ROFL

It has speaker hookup for 7.1 and a seperate 2 speaker set for just remote stereo. Funny how misleading the spec's are.

Here's the manual.
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=STRDE898B

Looks a lot more flexible than the Pioneer.

Ice read the manual before deciding on anything. It's only 76 pages...

PS You did know that Sony has discontiunued that model right? The replacement is the 899 at 110W per channels and $100 more.

PPS Check out the warning on page 56 about the cabinet getting so hot after prolonged use you can burn yourself.

Last edited:
Yes, this looks more like what you wanted. That panasonic was a marketing rip-off.

Remember you still need adapter cables to go from the x-fi quad mini-plugs to RCA jacks in the "Multichannel in section" on the receiver.

alright i got it all hooked up and i have true 7.1 surround on my computer :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back