monitor trouble?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by painbird, Mar 30, 2004.

1. painbird

painbird Guest

hi,

i have an older maxtech monitor (got it for free) and about a month ago the screen started to look liquidy (i know it's not a word). you can almost see it move. it almost looks like the refreshing but it is too slow. i changed the resolution to 1152x864 and the screen just moved too much that i was getting sea sick. i went back 1024x768 but i hate it. the screen is still jumping. the refresh rate is at 85.i am using a radeon 9500pro. do i need a new monitor or is it something i don't know?

thanks

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

have you tried deguass? also are you sure your running a resolution and refresh rate that monitor can handle? just because your video card can output it doesn't mean your monitor is gonna like it.

3. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

whow... @1024x768 on my 15" TFT and ti4200 GFX card, I can only use 65MHz refresh rate.

4. painbird

painbird Guest

i found some info on it but my model is old. also, when i use a high screen setting you can see the curves of the monitor on the screen. it is very annoying. is it time for a new monitor?

5. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I think you might have killed that monitor if you were running it far out of the specs.