Monitor Sugestions

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Fenris, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

Hi everyone I’m looking for a new monitor since my last one died last night, but I have no idea where to look for reviews of monitors. I’m thinking of getting a CRT 17-19inch I don’t really like LCD monitors and I don’t mind not having lots of space on my desk. I would prefer to stay around $400 US but if there is a nice one for a little more I will bump up my budget. If anyone has some recommendations I would love to hear them I'm totally lost when it comes to monitors.

2. Jestermask

Jestermask WinTMBG Professional

I would recommend a Samsung 955DF. I got one for my Dad for Christmas, and I'm VERY impressed with it! You really can't beat a .20 dot pitch on a CRT for a consumer monitor! The color and clarity are fantastic on it!

~JM

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Samsung Syncmaster. My 753DF (17 inch is great and sells for about $100-120 now). Not sure on the 19 inch pricing.

The Syncmaster was the lowest glare monitore I could find.

4. Chase™

Chase™ NTFS Noob

19inch viewsonic :)

5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I would also suggest a Samsung. My brother has a 17" Syncmaster model and it's an excellent monitor.

6. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

i have a viewsonig perfectflat a70-f, it kicks ass, and i like it a lot

7. Petros

Petros Thief IV

KDS makes some great monitors. I use the XF-9e and the XF-7e, both cheaply available online.

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I have the Samtron 76DF which is the same monitor. Can get it for under $100. Saw it recently for $89 at Sam's Club.

9. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I too have the Samsung SyncMaster 753DF, got it for about $122 Canadian. Im very pleased with it (its much better then my 15inch Unisys :p)

10. muzikool

In addition, Samsung has great warranties on their monitors... some (if not all) come with 3 years.

11. onimkron

onimkron OSNN Senior Addict

Iiyama do some kicking montiors, I tend to stick with them or go for Mitsubishi/NEC

12. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

I ended up getting a Samsung...the reviews said it had above average graphics better than most other 19" monitors. Had to order it though :( so wont get it till next week.

13. muzikool

Exciting for you, wish I could get one! :p

14. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

I would recommend the Iiyama vision master pro 454 19" crt, retailing at around £230 its a steal for the features it has. Supports up to 120Hz refresh at 1280x960 (what im running) will run a respectable 100hz at 1600x1200 as i remember too. Also has a usb hub in the base, and dual inputs for those computer building moments.

15. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

All the KDS monitors I saw locally had a lot of glare.