Monitor recommendation...

Sazar said:
I meant to say slightly higher overall response time (gray to gray) lol.

Been a long day so far :cool:

Btw the reason Mlarkid doesn't get tearing is because he crouches and crawls all over the place :smoker:

When you gonna play with me again on the cs: s servers Mlarkid? :D

Les Frag !!!
I dont squat and crawl everywhere anymore, you get HS alot more often I found out the hard way, with a good friend next you you 1 flash, 1 nade, another flash and rush = dead opponents....

You will have to give me the info again, as the favorites have been wiped out because a previous "UPDATE" for steam GAWD it is annoying...

I was playing again last night, and with expert players still had basically a 50/50 9kill 10 deaths and 2 deaths were by lucky spray and prays after I flashed and rushed in... and 5 HSs too!!!

Oh well... still learning..

:)

I hate people who flash on my team lol.

I guess I'll have to kill you with FF before I rush :smoker:

My k:d is still essentially about 2:1. Could be higher but I play to win, not for score.

I'll post the Ip later but the site for the clan is www.thelordclan.net I think.

SWEET..

I can play some tonight but only for a match or two....

what time do you all want to play?

Also, I changed my name in-game to The_Kurgan

:D

Well, I'm still sorting out finances, I'll give a comment in the other thread, when I've got the game and all...

/me thinks perhaps I should practice some too at first

Wouldn't want to look like a total idiot, around some more seasoned players :D

Son Goku said:
Well, I'm still sorting out finances, I'll give a comment in the other thread, when I've got the game and all...

/me thinks perhaps I should practice some too at first

Wouldn't want to look like a total idiot, around some more seasoned players :D

well the DL is very short, and it dont cost alot :)

as for the practice, I used bots, per Sazars suggestions and I can beat all but the hardest bots now..

:D

The old server IP is not valid anymore. Go to their website for server IP's.

There are 2 servers, one if FF, the other is not.

I think I have decided to go with the 2005FPW from Dell. It is a little bit more money than I wanted to spend, but heck, my wife is even saying get it!

P.S. I forgive you guys for hijacking the post...lol

emeritus said:
I think I have decided to go with the 2005FPW from Dell. It is a little bit more money than I wanted to spend, but heck, my wife is even saying get it!

Dude if your wife is encouraging you to buy the 2005FPW, you better hang on to her :p

I decided today that I'm going to buy a 2405FPW for my birthday in July. I'll start saving now :D

emeritus said:

Be thankful if you have a wife that actually encourages you to spend a bit more money for a better part ;)

You see, some husbands have to contend with a wife who complains if the husband does spend money on upgrading their comp. Heck, when I was eating lunch one day, this couple at the nearby table was having a bit of a discussion about the husband wanting an Xbox 360 for Christmas. She complained that it cost more then the Game Cube does today, and why should one have to spend more then $70 for a console, etc... It was long and drawn out, with his finally saying "that's OK, but if someone doesn't buy it, I think I'll get it for myself for Christmas" :D

It means you won't be having these sorts of discussions :up: Count yourself very lucky there... :)

sorry for the hijacking...

:(

you chose well...

I am in heaven, I just got my 2005FPW, and it is the bomb.

I notice a lot of people getting dell when it comes to 20" and up but is dell any good for 19" (which is what im looking for)

sindustrial777 said:
I notice a lot of people getting dell when it comes to 20" and up but is dell any good for 19" (which is what im looking for)
I have a 17" 1704FPT connected to my desktop, and I'm very happy with it. Good, vibrant colors, crisp text (turn on ClearType!), 12ms response time, four built-in USB 2.0 ports, the ability to rotate the display 90 degrees (portrait and landscape), and both VGA and DVI inputs (with cables included).

Also, if you're going for a 17" or 19" Dell, pick the UltraSharp models over the regular ones. I've compared my UltraSharp 1704FPT to the E17xx one side-by-side, and the difference in picture quality is very noticeable. Of course, once you go 20" and above, they're all UltraSharp models.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?TabPage=techspecs&sku=19073YR&&mainsku=&category_id=211&k=&mnf=&prst=&prend=&osku=&mnfsku=&searchtype=&spagenum=1&orderby=&Pageb4Search=&iCompatid=&skus=19063YR&skus=19073YR&c=us&l=en&cs=19&page=ProductCompare.aspx&comppar=productlisting.aspx

This seems good for my price range and it was either this one with 8ms or the alternative dell with 20 ms response. I did read somewhere that what type of panel it is can effect what the response time really means and looks like but i have a feeling that the 8 will always end up better than the 20 because the 8ms model is newer (and more expensive):nervous:

Is this all true?

You might also want to consider the Viewsonic VA1912wb.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BXEUDY/ref=nosim/002-3863176-4370400?n=172282

It's a widescreen display with a native res of 1440x900 (16:10), rather than 1280x1024. I haven't seen one in person, but the raw specs, apart from the resolution, look identical to the 1907FP (300 nits, 500:1, 8ms).

Edit: The handful of opinions on Amazon for the VA1912wb are very positive. You might also want to do a quick search on the web to get more opinions to help with the decision.

Last edited:
widescreen would be nice for dvd viewing and everything will probably end up widescreen as technology progesses, after all most hd tvs are WS. Ill check it out thanks.

Edit: Can a monitor improve FPS or is that all on your video card?

Last edited:
Widescreen displays are definitely becoming much more widespread (no pun intended). Besides the obvious advantage they have for watching DVDs and videos, they also give you more room to work with (you can open two IDE windows side-by-side while writing code, for example).

The display itself can't improve FPS, but if it doesn't have a low enough response time, you'll notice a ghosting effect during fast-moving scenes in games and videos. Generally speaking, you should be on the lookout for a response time of 12ms or lower. Both the Dell 1907FP and the ViewSonic VA1912wb are rated at 8ms, so you'll be in good shape either way. :)

And with Dell, you can turn it for portrait mode, for working in a word processor, or heck even web browsing! I will be upgrading my wife's monitor to a Dell 19" LCD, as soon as I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back