Monitor Help NEC MultiSync 97F

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by canibus, Jan 28, 2004.

1. canibus

canibus OSNN One Post Wonder

hey, i have a Nec Multi Sync 97F and something seems to be something wrong with my monitor. Check out those pictures i uploaded. I put this monitor on an other pc same thing. and i reinstalled video card drivers as well as monitor drivers same thing.

Weird thing is my monitor was fine, and i turned my monitor off while i go eat dinner, and when i return and turn it on was like this. Any help is greatly appericated guys! thnx

Attached Files:

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Shut it off and let it cool down and see if that helps.

3. canibus

Aite i'll shut t off for the night, how ever i did shut it off before for a little, maybe i'll just let it sit off for the night, thnx

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

how old is the monitor?

looks like the tube is going on that baby though I thought it was a new model ?

5. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

eek that doesn't look good ... did you hit it lately or run it w/ unrecommend refresh rates or something?

6. canibus

monitor is a little over a year old i believe, dunno but this sucks. i had my pc off as well as my monitor for a good 1-2 hours. dont think thats that problem but we'll see tomorrow morining. if that dont fix what are my options. thnx

7. canibus

Xie - i set it @ rates that were stated it can handle on the stats for this monitor , so dunno

8. canibus

nope still the same this morning

9. Xie

How old is it? Hope its still under warranty ...

10. canibus

over a year old, i have to look into it, how long is NEC warranty if any knows off hand

11. Xie

12. canibus

thanks alot! i going to contact them asap

13. bklyn_OCer718

bklyn_OCer718 OSNN One Post Wonder

i got the same monitor and i'm having the same exact problem, that's how i got here, did a google and got this link, i can't believe this, the monitor was working perfectly the night before and then the next morning i find that when i move an icon around the desktop it becomes narrow or wider in certain areas of the monitor.

14. jbh0971

jbh0971 OSNN One Post Wonder

Have the same problem have talked to service department of Circuit City. We went thru some some basic setting changes then the tech on the phone told me that they will be replacing the monitor. The monitor was going to be 2 years old in september. What I recomend is that you check with the company that you purchased the monitor thru. And see if they still cover the monitor.