Modular Power Supply

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tittles, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

2. dfinf2

dfinf2 OSNN One Post Wonder

never used one but apparently they are really good and keep ur case nice and clean... id say go for it... i owuld if i had the money and need for one

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

my next one will be, but I am not going to be changing my computer anytime soon I don't think...

might change the motherboard and get a new video card but other than that I have no pressing need to modify anything... :)

4. Tittles

I want to get it cause i want one and i am giving my current power supply to my friends uncle cause i sold the one that was in the computer i was fixing for him with the one i sold a few weeks ago and didnt know i did lol.

5. dfinf2

go for it good company and good idea, and it looks neat u know u want it so buy it lol

6. Tittles

lol...yeah. Gonna order it when i sell my current mobo,processor, and ram.

7. dfinf2

Good Luck with it, seemed like it took someon awhile to come up with this idea for a PSU but glad they did

8. synical33

synical33 X2 & Lovin' It

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan im telling u dude i have one of those and it is the shiznit man best $90 bux i spent on my tech ventures. Im telling u from now on im just going to buy Modular Power Supplies and Ultra is a great Company dude

9. onimkron

onimkron OSNN Senior Addict

I think antec do a modular psu as well, 480w the last I checked. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty expensive though, considering their other PSUs cost quite a lot. It's a brand i'd trust though :)

10. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

are modular psu's just having less cables hanging off it or are there other differences between them and the standard ones?

btw, think you should find one that is ATX v2.03 to fit newer motherboards that supports PCI-e

11. Tittles

My board doesnt have pci-e so it dont matter. I am gonna order it here in a week or 2. I found one for $70 or so which is good cause before i was finding them for like 90.

12. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

everything is going pci-E... better to get a psu with support and get an adaptor than simply getting a regular psu

13. Tittles

when i get a job i will be upgrading my computer which wont be untill the end of next year so its not a big deal to me.