MOBO settings and no KB!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by EMDY, Dec 28, 2002.

1. EMDY

EMDY Guest

i want to change my Mother Board settings, BUT the problem is my keyboard doesn´t get recognize while booting, so i can´t press Del key to enter can i make my KB work? i know it works, i checked with anothe KB and did the any help?
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Check your mother board manual & see what that comes up with.
  3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Do you by chance use an USB keyboard? If so have a look here .
  4. EMDY

EMDY Guest

no...i am not....its a PS/2 keyboard......but i don´t have a USB keyboard so i can check if it gets recognize so i can boot in to MOBO and change any setting to solve this......
  5. Tinker

Tinker Guest

Are you sure that the "Del" key is the correct one for entering setup?

What mother board?

Which BIOS?

I use "F2" on my Intel MB, "Del" on my ASUS MB.........

6. EMDY

EMDY Guest

windows can even boot....bacause the error screen doesn´t go out....and definnetly is the DEL key.....thething of the matter is that wy KB doesn´t respond to ANY how to push DEL or what ever if it doesnpt get recognized?.......BTW i´m not in the models and version thing, but i thing i´m gonna reset my MOBO via Jumper change to erase saved settings...any suggestions?
  7. Tinker

Tinker Guest

Make sure that the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the correct locations........
  8. EMDY

EMDY Guest

well, that was the first things i´ve checked......everything is connected gonna reset the MOBO settings via jumper and adjust them again to see if it recognize my KB again.....tell you later what happened