Mobo detecting memory too slow

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tuffgong4, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

ok so I just got my Albatron K8X800 Pro 2, Amd 64 3000+ and 1 gig of corsair 3200 mem...when I first put the rig together I had to flash the bios to get everything working well before I flashed the bios it read my memory as 400mHz after flashing the bios it decreased the speed to 333mHz and I want my speed back...not sure on how to fix

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

go into the bios and select it there... the option for memory clock should be pretty easy to find (assuming you are talking about your memory)

select it to 200MHz (400mhz ddr) which is what I have it selected as...

do keep in mind that the older athlon64 processors and mobos have issues sometimes with certain types of memory... corsair XMS happens to be one of them (though thankfuly I have never had a problem with it)

let us know how you do :)

3. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

well I looked in the bios and found where they have the area for ddr frequency...I couldn't change it well right above it there was something to change it so I got...thanks a lot sazar

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

np...

you can either leave it on auto or change it manually... thats how it works on my setup..

don't play with the hypertransport clocks (as long as it is running @ full speed) and play around with the mem spd if its not performing as well as you expected :D