Mobile Video Card

I

ithankugod

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a laptop and am looking at mobile video cards. Is a mobility radeon with 32 megs of ddr ram ok for gaming? (Doesn't have to be all mighty but not lagging the screen?) The other option would be to get the mobility radeon 7500 but that system would be 2 1/2 lbs more (8.5).

What do you think?

Thanks

i use an inspiron 8100 with the 64mb mobility radeon 7500 for counter-strike and diablo2 at lan parties. it does up to 99fps in cs (usually around 60-80) but only in direct3d. doesn't seem to do very well in opengl. don't know about the 32mb radeon, but you could look up the clock speeds and get an idea if it will do for you. good luck.

A nice notebook card is the ATI Mobility FireGL 7800 64 mb ddr. I know IBM have it in theire A-Series but i don't know if anyone else does it.

Its a powerful card though

what i've read on it, it's only got added punch over the 7500 when it comes to opengl-based rendering and design.. not so much with games. besides, that ibm notebook is about 4 grand! :eek:

geforce4 go i think is the best game-oriented setup around. the 440 has the memory bandwidth of a geforce3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back