Mobile Video Card

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ithankugod, May 14, 2002.

1. ithankugod

ithankugod Guest

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a laptop and am looking at mobile video cards. Is a mobility radeon with 32 megs of ddr ram ok for gaming? (Doesn't have to be all mighty but not lagging the screen?) The other option would be to get the mobility radeon 7500 but that system would be 2 1/2 lbs more (8.5).

What do you think?

Thanks

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i use an inspiron 8100 with the 64mb mobility radeon 7500 for counter-strike and diablo2 at lan parties. it does up to 99fps in cs (usually around 60-80) but only in direct3d. doesn't seem to do very well in opengl. don't know about the 32mb radeon, but you could look up the clock speeds and get an idea if it will do for you. good luck.

3. pothitos

pothitos Guest

A nice notebook card is the ATI Mobility FireGL 7800 64 mb ddr. I know IBM have it in theire A-Series but i don't know if anyone else does it.

Its a powerful card though

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

what i've read on it, it's only got added punch over the 7500 when it comes to opengl-based rendering and design.. not so much with games. besides, that ibm notebook is about 4 grand! :eek:

geforce4 go i think is the best game-oriented setup around. the 440 has the memory bandwidth of a geforce3.