MMOG (Massive Multiplayer Online Game)?????

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Fenris, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

What MMOG (Massive Multiplayer Online Game) are you playing at the moment and is it any good, or are you just playing it to pass the time. I’m in search of a good MMOG, but at the moment I can’t find any that are good. Also if you are in any betas for any please list the site if they are still accepting beta apps.

Ones that I have played are:

Ultima Online
    Earth and Beyond
    Planetside
    FFXI
    EverCrack
    Ragnarok Online

Ultima Online was the only one out of that list that I enjoyed playing. I played it for 3 years, but when Pub 16 and AOS (Age of Shadows) came out the game wasn’t worth playing anymore too me. :( If you know any games like the old Ultima Online I would love to hear about them and post some links if possible. :)

So share your thoughts on the MMOGs that you have played and the current one you are playing or MMOGs in general.

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

search for eve online.

3. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

ohhh never been to that site before thanks.

I used to just use Stratics but ever since they put a ad every time a page loads i got tired of it.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I'm currently sucked into SWG ... it has its share of bugs but I havn't really played any other games since getting it so I suppose its good enough for me :p

ps - I use to buy like a new console/pc game a month.

5. Nitris

Nitris Guest

PlaneShift

still in beta, uses the Crystal Space 3D engine. Looks promising :D It's open-source and free (so no monthly payment.) as I said, its still in beta stages, Combat will come with the next release, which is hopefully out by end of 2003/early 2004.

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Wow that looks interesting ... have to keep an eye on that project :)

7. grimman

grimman Guest

Just for reference, Eve online SUCKS... I played it for two months, never been so miserable in my life (it's pay2play, I bought two months right at the start). All you can do is basically mine (in the beginning), after that you either get weapons to protect miners or get serious with mining yourself. It's all mining.

A game I really insanely loved, though, was Earth & Beyond. That was during beta testing, mind you, so I can't vouch for the game today. =/

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Eve was a little more than that, my player went to a m8, i was beta for 6 months and played for 3. i got some nice stuff and skills in that time. was a bounty hunter then, and now am susposed to be a top 20 wanted pirate. i left through real life commitments, it took too much time outa my hectic life playing realitime games.

9. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I haven't played MMORPGs for any extended period of time. I played Anarchy Online in beta 3, Ragnarok Online in beta, and for a while after it was released as pay for play. Most recently I've played Star Wars Galaxies. If it didn't take so much time out of the day, I'd still be playing it.

10. shulse

shulse Guest

PLANETSIDE

Is the way to go. Man, this is one cool game. I am addicted to it. It takes a little getting used to when first starting out. In fact, when I first got the game I just jumped right into it without going through any of the training available and after just spot-reading the game manual. I got so frustrated I uninstalled the game and just let it sit for 2 months. One night I reinstalled it and gave it a second shot. After reading the manual and going through the training I was rewarded with an OUTSTANDING game. One of the best I have ever seen...really. I shouldn't do this as I don't think Halo even comes close to this game...but if you liked HALO, RUN to the store and get a copy of planetside for yourself. It blows it out of the water.