missing general and view tabs in folder options

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by leobull, Mar 28, 2006.

1. leobull

leobull OSNN One Post Wonder

recently i decided to uninstall roxio emc7. the registry had contained over 60 entries in hklm/software/debug. after the uninstall the entries were all gone except for two of them. one emtry was a roxio leftover. the other one is my problem. it is debug global. when i deleted this entry from the registry i found that the general and view tabs in folder options in the control panel were gone. even if i restored the registry entry the tabs did not come back. i had to do a ghost image restore. i really need some help on this. i have xp home up to date. my old pc also with xp home never had roxio on it and has no registry entries under hklm/software/debug.

2. fimchick

fimchick OSNN Senior Addict

3. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Did you check the roxio website ? there might be something on there about it ..

4. leobull

leobull OSNN One Post Wonder

upon looking further, the debug global entry in the registry dates back to when i bought the computer. so it probably has nothing to do with roxio. my system is a hp pavilion a450n. so this may be something left over from hp. i got rid of just about all of the junk that came loaded from hp. i also found some references to hklm/software/debug/global at microsoft concerning dirextx 9.0c. also something about global folders. however im still in the dark on this. it just nags at the back of my mind.