MiniDisc recording ideas

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jz1397-5, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

i have alot of minidisc recordings that i want to transfer onto my computer, and then i also want to make minidisc's by tranfering music from my personal MP3 library. only i have one problem, the software that came with the MiniDisc player is SonicStage whcih is the most annoying branded program out there. what program would you all reccomend to take files off, put them on etc...

model: NetMD Walkman MZ-N10

2. moooo

moooo Guest

well the bad thing for minidisc is you can't transfer songs from it.. or atleast what i was told. I used line out or the mic port on my soundcard ( take off the 20db thing for mic in ) and use any live audio capture program. Be sure to disable all other sounds if you use it though

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Correct, you can't digitally export songs from the Minidisc to the computer.

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Wrong!! You can transfer songs from an MD to the PC. However, you can only do this if the songs were originally transferred using the SonicStage.

I don't know of any other software available for transfer of songs in the ATRAC3 format except for the SonicStage software.
    Also, transferring songs from your MD to PC will retain it's ATRAC3 file format. You'll need to find a way of converting it to MP3 so that you can use it with other players.

5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

:confused: I always understood that it wasn't possible, because of copy protections etc.

6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

The lesson here for the kiddies is to stay away from MD or ATRAC-3