Mini review of the Numark NS7

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by drz01, Jan 14, 2010.

1. drz01

drz01 Weekend DJ

Some of you know I dj for weddings clubs and other events so here is my newest toy for dj work.
    [​IMG]

Well first of all this thing is for body builders it's heavy.
    Setup was easy place the platter on the spindle place your slipmats and then clamp down the vinyl.
    I am running Windows 7 64bit so I was dreading the software setup since it said only 32 bit OS supported. Went to Numark web page an downloaded the beta 64 bit drivers and installed them without a hitch. Reebooted Windows and fired up VDJ and instant recognition of the NS7 had to configure the sound for the NS7 because I was running my RMX before. Once configured VDJ and the NS7 was a match made in heven.
    Loaded up itch played for a bit but I will not be using itch in its present state since it is so spartant on features.
    Sound quality was great but I have not used a proper mixer in a while and forgot a few things like crossfaded cueing I was looking for a left deck right deck buttons.
    Will give more of a review when I gig with it.
    Again this thing is heavy and I dread when I get my flight case, one arm will be longer than the other...