Microsoft Optical Blue problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jfactor01, Jun 1, 2003.

1. jfactor01

jfactor01 Guest

Hey. My Micro$oft Optical Blue mouse is perfect, I love everything about it, But eveynow and then, a window will scroll down one, all on it's own. This happens at random intervals, and is very annoying while playing a game, and it decides to change to a different weapon for you. No mousewheel movement is mad, its not just me knocking it. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, IntelliPoint 4.1 I think they were, i've not found any new ones anyway.

BTW I'm using PS-2, rather than USB

2. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Sounds like one of the little switches is too sensitive or there isn't enough reverse pressure to keep the button from pressing the switch. Maybe a loose tension spring?

If the scroll wheel is the problem, maybe the little internal "spokes" on the hub of the scroll wheel are dirty and the sensor is getting some false data.

3. jfactor01

jfactor01 Guest

Hmm, I can't see a way into this mouse with out causing it permanent spleen damage...

If thats the case, it looks like i'll just have to put up with it.

4. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Take it back to the shop?

Skazz

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I get this occasionally!!!

Expecially sucks in Half-life as mousewheel down changes the weapon...!

6. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Not sure about optical blue... but my first bluetooth mouse I got was faulty as it took 3-4 seconds to respond to movement after it had been left to rest for a while.. took it back found out that it was a common problem with the first batch that was released w/ keyboard... they happily changed it - haven't had any problems with the one I'm using atm.

Best thing to do would be return it back to where you bought it and get it replaced.

MdSalih

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Happens to me too :S
    With an "Intellimouse Optical" one of the old 5-button wenches.

doesn't happen that often tho, and I don't play games.. plus the fact I didn't pay anything for the mouse, so I'm not toooo fussed :D