Microsoft Office main functions gone?

dubstar

format c:
All the typical functions of my Office Ultimate 2007 are gone. They greyed out and i cant even edit papers, i cant write new e-mails (but i can accept them). Its not an illegal copy.

no it was a full version. i tried to uninstall it said something was missing. i didnt install it, i was on vacation. the more i dig the more it seems like my friend might have put an illegal copy on here. why would it grey out? -- the "activate" button doesnt do anything, i've clicked it several times, but it validates online still.

What was the "something that was missing" when you tried to un-install?

I wonder if you could put your legit copy in, install that but choose a different install directory?

I verified it, its genuine.

Validation Successful!
Validation Successful!
Thank you for using genuine Office and participating in the Office Genuine Advantage program. You may now enjoy all the benefits reserved for genuine Office users. Genuine Microsoft Office® provides unique value, ongoing updates, and enhancements from Microsoft that counterfeit versions of Office do not. With genuine Office, you’ll spend less time keeping your software current and more time generating professional-looking documents for home or school.
When you buy genuine Office, you:
  • Know that you are getting the most secure version of Office available.
  • Get support from Microsoft or Microsoft trusted partners.
  • Increase your productivity with free downloads, training, and other resources.
  • Have the confidence that you will get what you pay for.
Validation does not guarantee that the copy of Office installed on this computer is properly licensed. For more information about how to properly license your product:

What was the "something that was missing" when you tried to un-install?

I wonder if you could put your legit copy in, install that but choose a different install directory?

sorry - it says product installation has been corrupted. i tried installing again but it says the same thing from the cd. i've contacted microsoft, i have to pay for a new cd to be sent to me. --- lame.

Did you try a "repair"? What version of Office?

it wouldnt let me repair. i could "Change" or "Uninstall" both of which failed until i manually moved files over from the cd to the Office directory. Tried to install it again after it was uninstall and I ran CCleaner (to clean out drivers and dlls etc...) and it was still corrupted. Strange.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back