Microsoft nears movie deal for 'Halo' videogame

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by tdinc, Jun 11, 2005.

1. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Universal Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox teamed up to make the winning offer that calls for an initial payment of $5 million plus 10 percent of initial box office receipts, sources said, although they cautioned that final details may change.

A formal announcement is likely next week after creative issues are hammered out between the studios and Microsoft

read more here

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Yeah, this is great. At least it won't turn out like the Doom movie...which sounds absolutely horrible now :)

It also means MS is serious about this movie.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Nice! Wonder who plays Master Chief. :)

4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Bruce Campbell? :rolleyes:

Army Of Darkness

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  5. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Sweetness! :D

I agree, and it has The Rock as the main lead.

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

The Rock as the Space Marine? I can see that. You do remember the face in the middle of your status bar at the bottom of the game's screen don't you. Now think of The Rock's face there looking from side to side like the face of the Space Marine did. :p

7. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Well, I hope no one minds if I'm, shall I say cautiously optomistic... There is basis from the article to suggest this might go better then some movies based on video games in the past

We have seen how some movies have turned out in the past however... I'm sorta in wait and see mode...

8. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Hmm. They might hire some unknown dude to play him, as you're never shown his face in the videogames anyway, and I don't think they should show it in the movie.

How will the audience feel a connection with the character if they can't even see his face? That presents and interesting challenge for the movie makers.